• Vita-Bug waxworms (Galleria mellonella) are a great option to increase your pet’s fat intake although they should not be considered a staple food item. Live Foods such as crickets, mealworms and superworms should be considered staple items in your insectivore’s diet.
• When choosing a Live Food item for your pet, pick an item that’s smaller in width than the animal’s mouth.
• Vita-Bug waxworms are grown using a patented, scientifically formulated diet with enhanced nutrient content that increases the nutritional value of the feeder insect’s tissues.
• Vita-Bug waxworms have enhanced Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids and contain nutrients more like those found in wild insects.
• Vita-Bug waxworms enhances immune response, coloration and improved animal health.
• Vita-Bug waxworms should be enhanced with calcium by dusting or by including CalciWorms in your animal’s diet. Your animal’s diet should be further enriched by including hornworms for additional moisture.
• Vita-Bug waxworms should remain refrigerated at 55°F for no longer than three weeks to maintain maximum quality. Providing food and water is not necessary.
• All Live Foods are guaranteed to arrive alive except for items shipped to areas with temperatures below 10°F or above 100°F.
• All Live Foods are accompanied by a 72 hour health guarantee.
• Live Food orders placed by 3:00 PM CT on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will ship the same day, Live Food orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on Thursday through Sunday will ship on Monday.
|Crude Protein (min)||12.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||16.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||2.0%|
|Vitamin E (min)||42IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min)||10.4%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min)||.0%|