• Calciworms (Hermetia illucens) are naturally high in calcium and protein although they should not be considered a staple food item or a sole ration. Live Foods such as crickets, mealworms, hornworms and superworms should be considered staple items in your insectivore’s diet.
• When choosing a Live Food item for your pet, pick an item that’s smaller in width than the animal’s mouth.
• Your animal's diet should be further enriched by including waxworms for additional fat and hornworms for additional moisture.
• Calciworms do not require dusting with a calcium powder.
• Calciworms should remain refrigerated between 42°F - 55°F. Consider storing them in small mini fridge since the required housing temperatures are warmer than most kitchen refrigerators. Warm up the Calciworms to room temperature before feeding so that they become more active, this in turn makes them more appealing to your insectivore.
• All Live Foods are guaranteed to arrive alive except for items shipped to areas with temperatures below 10°F or above 100°F.
• All Live Foods are accompanied by a 72 hour health guarantee.
• Live Food orders placed by 3:00 PM CT on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will ship the same day, Live Food orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on Thursday through Sunday will ship on Monday.
|Crude Protein (min)||19.1%|
|Crude Fat (min)||8.39%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||4.0%|