• Vita-Bug crickets (Acheta domesitca) are a popular choice for lizards, turtles, birds, fish, invertebrates and other insectivorous animals.
• Vitabug crickets are available in 11 different sizes: pinhead, 3 day, 1/8 inch, 3/16 inch, 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, 2/3 inch, 3/4 inch, prewing and adult. When choosing a Live Food item for your pet, pick an item that’s smaller in width than the animal’s mouth. Click here to view an image of each sized cricket.
• Vita-Bug crickets are grown using a patented, scientifically formulated diet with enhanced nutrient content that increases the nutritional value of the feeder insect’s tissues.
• Vita-Bug crickets have enhanced Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids and contain nutrients more like those found in wild insects.
• Vita-Bug crickets enhances immune response, coloration and improved animal health.
• Vita-Bug crickets should be enhanced with calcium by dusting or by including CalciWorms in your animal’s diet. Your animal’s diet should be further enriched by including waxworms for additional fat and hornworms for additional moisture.
• Provide your Vita-Bug crickets with a high quality food at all times.
• Keep your Vita-Bug crickets hydrated and prevent drowning by using Easy Water gel.
• Vita-Bug crickets must be maintained in a clean, dry environment with temperatures ranging from 70°F - 75°F. Add egg crates to your cricket container to prevent an overcrowded floorspace from occurring. Always remember to remove dead crickets and sheds on a daily basis.
• All Live Foods are guaranteed to arrive alive except for items shipped to areas with temperatures below 10°F or above 100°F.
• All Live Foods are accompanied by a 72 hour health guarantee.
• Live Food orders placed by 3:00 PM CT on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will ship the same day, Live Food orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on Thursday through Sunday will ship on Monday.
|Crude Protein (min)||16.8%|
|Crude Fat (min)||4.0%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||4.0%|
|Vitamin E (min)||35IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min)||1.4%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min)||.24%|