• Drosophila melanogaster fruit flies are larger than pinhead crickets and are perfect for baby reptiles, amphibians, tropical fish and invertebrates.
• A culture kit contains includes 2 jars of excelsior, 1 jar of fruit fly media, 1 vial of adult fruit flies and instructions for use. A culture kit can produce up to 10,000 flies.
• Each jar of fruit flies contains approximately 100 adult flies and will continue to produce flies for about 5 weeks.
• Fruit flies are available in both D. melanogaster and D. hydei. D. melanogaster are approximately 1/16 inch in size and D. hydei are approximately 1/8 inch in size. D. melanogaster reproduce much faster than D. hydei.
• D. hydei and D. melanogaster fruit flies are completely flightless and will survive off of the culture media in the vial.
• Fruit flies must be maintained at room temperature and jars should be shut when not in use.
• Always maintain no less than 50 adult fruit flies in a jar to sustain fruit fly reproduction.
• All Live Foods are guaranteed to arrive alive except for items shipped to areas with temperatures below 10°F or above 100°F.
• All Live Foods are accompanied by a 72 hour health guarantee.
• Live Food orders placed by 3:00 PM CT on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will ship the same day, Live Food orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on Thursday through Sunday will ship on Monday.
|Crude Protein (min)||19.7%|
|Crude Fat (min)||13.8%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||3.4%|