• Vita-Bug mealworms (Tenebrio molitor) are a popular choice for lizards, turtles, bluebirds, chicken, fish and other insectivorous animals.
• Available in 4 different sizes: mini, small, medium and large. When choosing a Live Food item for your pet, pick an item that’s smaller in width than the animal’s mouth.
• Vita-Bug mealworms are grown using a patented, scientifically formulated diet with enhanced nutrient content that increases the nutritional value of the feeder insect’s tissues.
• Vita-Bug mealworms have enhanced Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids and contain nutrients more like those found in wild insects.
• Vita-Bug mealworms enhances immune response, coloration and improved animal health.
• Vita-Bug mealworms should be enhanced with calcium by dusting or by including CalciWorms in your animal’s diet. Your animal’s diet should be further enriched by including waxworms for additional fat and hornworms for additional moisture.
• Vita-Bug mealworms should remain refrigerated between 42°F - 55°F with low humidity. Consider storing them in a small mini fridge since the required housing temperatures are warmer than most kitchen refrigerators. Keeping mealworms below 42°F for extended periods can kill them.
• Vita-Bug mealworms should be fed every three weeks by bringing them up to room temperature for approximately 24 hours. Once warmed, their bedding will serve as their food source. Add a small amount of Easy Water to the container. Once fed, remove all remaining Easy Water from the container and begin cooling them back down.
• Vita-Bug mealworms should be warmed up to room temperature prior to being fed so that they become more active, this in turn makes them more appealing to your insectivore.
• All Live Foods are guaranteed to arrive alive except for items shipped to areas with temperatures below 10°F or above 100°F.
• All Live Foods are accompanied by a 72 hour health guarantee.
• Live Food orders placed by 3:00 PM CT on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will ship the same day, Live Food orders placed after 3:00 PM CT on Thursday through Sunday will ship on Monday.
|Crude Protein (min)||20.0%|
|Crude Fat (min)||14.3%|
|Crude Fiber (max)||1.8%|
|Vitamin E (min)||43IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min)||32.9%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min)||.17%|